Caring for your Aye Do Gifts Silver Plated Jewellery
- Protect it from perfumes, hairsprays and cosmetics and as these can erode the plating
- Avoid getting the jewelry wet with your sweat. Remove the jewelry when you are going to engage in some strenuous physical activity
- Store it in a box out of direct sunlight wrap in acid free tissue paper to protect from tarnish
- Handle and wear with care
- Remove tarnish with a polishing cloth but reduce the amount of polish used as over exposure can remove the silver plating
- Unlike sterling silver, silver plated jewellery will eventually wear, some will last longer than others depending on the thickness of it’s layers
- Proper cleaning, maintenance, and storage are critical for extending its life usage
Here is a green tip on cleaning silver plated jewelry items
This tip is like magic: You can magnetize the tarnish away.
- line the bottom of a bowl with a sheet of aluminum foil and fill the bowl with warm water
- Add a generous amount of salt -- about 4 tablespoons -- and a squirt of liquid dish soap
- Place the tarnished jewelry on top, and voila! You'll see the tarnish begin to disappear -- a natural chemical reaction that actually magnetizes the tarnish right off. No buffing or rubbing needed
- Wipe clean and dry with a terry towel.